Fiji won its second straight Olympic gold with a 27-12 victory over New Zealand in the rugby sevens final at the Tokyo Games.

Midway Car Rental

Khan slapped with 3 year suspension

Local Sports

Tailevu Naitasiri,s Imtiaz Khan in action Tailevu Naitasiri,s Imtiaz Khan in action The Fijian Soccer League of the Greater Vancouver has handed a 3 year suspension to the player who assaulted a referee's assistance during a league game.

Mohammed Imtiaz Khan, a Tailevu Naitasiri striker has also been imposed a $3000 good behavior bond at a special Sunday meeting of the FSLGV.

The assault allegedly happened during the week 6 fixture against Labasa.

Khan, an All Star is said to have lost his sporting cool after he copped up his second yellow card.

He told Sportsone that the whole situation has been blown out of proportion, admitted he is being summoned to appear before the courts.

"It was not as bad as it initially appeared , but made worse ", Khan said.

Khan said there was no malice intent.

"It all happened in the spur of the moment. I'm not aware of the suspensions and the fine levies".

Tailevu Naitasiri president Rodney Lal vented his displeasure at the boards decision.

"I was at the meeting but not for to long", he said. "I left before the decision came down".

Lal said he was not aware of Khan' lengthy suspension.

"I will find out more and would be in a better position to answer at a later time".

Several soccer fans this website spoke to say the suspension and fines don't fit the crime.

They feel the suspension is very harsh.

It is believed the referees holdout was a contributing factor to the decision.

A league official told this website that referees' situation is volatile and every effort is being made to 'paint a fresh image' of the league.

He said the talks are ongoing and once the Surrey Parks board releases the North Surrey Oval, the FSLGV will be in a position to announce the restart of the league.

Attempts to get a comment from FSLGV president Nadraj Nair proved futile.

meter for a website