Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 12th Euro Championship goal, but his team got beat 4-2 to throw the 'group of death' wide open.

Photo Gallery

Midway Car Rental

Star's redy to shine at Olympic Games

International Sports

Jamacian speedstar, Usain BoltJamacian speedstar, Usain BoltThree months from today the curtain will go up on the first Olympic Games to be staged in South America. Athletes around the world are focused on confirming their places in Rio, or if they have already done so, ensuring they arrive in top shape.

Usain Bolt will be going for an unprecendented 'triple-triple' at his last Olympic Games, by defending the 100m, 200m and 4x100m titles he won at the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Games.

An an interview with The Gleaner, a newspaper in his native Jamaica, Bolt said he is in good shape as he prepares for his season-opening performance at the Cayman Invitational on May 14 in the Cayman Islands.

“I am in good nick, training hard,” he said. “My time trials are going well, my coach is happy, so everything is going well.

“It's one of the big years, now that it's (career) finishing. It's really a big deal, so I am just trying to refocus and get my mind right and go out there and execute. And to win is always the plan.”

Hopefully we'll be seeing a dancing Bolt at the Rio Olympic Stadium in three months...

Alongside Bolt in the pantheon of modern sporting idols is Michael Phelps, the US swimmer who has won 22 Olympic medals, 18 of them gold. After initially retiring after the London 2012 Games, Phelps last year announced he would return to the pool in Rio.

He has since said that he is approaching the best shape of his life and he reiterated that notion by saying he had found a “new passion” for his sport in this Instagram video that goes behind the scenes of his intense prerartions for Rio...

Another Olympian hoping to peak in Brazil is British horse rider Zara Tindall, the Queen's granddaughter. The London 2012 silver medallist hopes to qualify via this week's Badminton Horse Trials.

“The Olympics is the place to be,” she told the BBC. “It is where you want to be, with the rest of the world's sport. It is a unique championship, and to be able to represent your country there is phenomenal.”

meter for a website